Friday, November 30, 2007

Good bye Popeye

Today I gave Popeye back to his original owners. It was a hard thing to do, but I know he will be happier there with them.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

why did you give hi back? didn't you get him from the pound?

Powell Family said...

Did you getyour money back from the pound from the adoption. I thought he was yours. Why did you give him back?

Anonymous said...

That is too bad you had to give him back. What happened? Do you plan to get another dog soon?

Matt and kim Cloward said...

On Thursday I got a call from the shelter, but I left my phone at home instead of taking it to work with me. So when I got home there was a message for me to call the shelter so I did. I guess the owners of the dog lived in Lehi, and on the 14th they put the dog I adopted and anoher dog out on a leash to go potty and when they came back 10 min. later the dogs were gone, but the leashes were still there. Someone had stolen them. Anyway, they put up signs all over lehi and lindon and kept checking the lindon shelter, but they weren't there. Then someone went to the Spanish fork shelter and saw the dogs and called them, but by the time they got there I had already adopted popeye. They got their other dog back and asked if there was any way the shelter could call and ask if I would be willing to give the dog back. Yes, Brandon the Shelter is refunding my money, and the owners of the dog gave me three hundred dollars in cash, plus a thirty dollar gift card to Chilies. They were very happy to get him back. He also had some health issues that the owners brought up that I wasn't sure I wanted to deal with, so that made it a little easier to give popeye (aka buggs) back to them.

Matt and kim Cloward said...

To answer your question jen about getting another dog. Yes I'm planning too, but I'm looking on KSL.com and I will keep going to the shelter to see if there are any dogs I like there.

Anonymous said...

I know it must have been hard to give him up...but I am sure the original owners were very grateful. At least you got some pics of him! That was very kind of you to return him. Good luck finding another dog and we look forward to seeing pics of your new dog when you get him/her!

Anonymous said...

That's to bad you had to give him back. But I'm sure you will find another one. I'm sure you did the right thing. If the owners were willing to give you money to get him back, he had a loving home and that's what's important. You'll find another dog that will win your hearts over.