Wow, what to say about thanksgiving day. So much happened in such a short amount of time. Brandon and Heather got here on Monday, and that night we went to the Mayan with them and Alannna for dinner. Then Mom, Dad, and Alanna got to our house on Wednesday afternoon. Wed. night mom and I made the pies for the next day.
On Thursday we got up and did some of the cooking and then Mom, Alanna, Heather, and I went to K-mart and then went driving around looking for a newspaper so we could get the ads for the next day. We spent a good twenty minutes looking for a newstand that still had newspapers. When we had just about given up we found one. We were going to ask Matt's dad if we could steal their ads, but didn't need to.
Matt, Brandon, and my dad went and played in the turkey bowl for our ward. Actually my dad just went and watched. The last time he played in a turkey bowl he ended up hurting himself pretty bad, so my mom said he would just watch, and he agreed with her. Anyway, maybe Matt should have done the same thing, because he came home with hurting ribs, and they still hurt him today. He went to tackle one of the boys, and as the boy went down, he swung his head right into Matt's ribs. Matt said he heard something crack, and thought the boy had gotten hurt, but no it was him.
I am so thankfull for a wonderful husband who treats me with respect and love.
I am thankfull for a family that is always there when we need them and that gives us support and strenght.
I am also thankfull for good jobs that Matt and I both have.
I am thankfull for great friends.
Most of all I am Thankfull for the gospel of Jesus Christ.
5 comments:
It is fun to see your posts. I am glad the vet appt went well for popeye. Hey, do you have our blog address? IF not, let me know. You have never commented on it or to me about it so I wasn't sure if I had given you the address for it. If you need help adding pics or anything else to your page, let me know. I would be more than happy to help. Love you both.
I loved being there for Thanksgiving and all of us working together on dinner. I hope Matt's ribs soon start feeling better. Those Turkey bowls can be dangerous. But the guys love to play in them. We are all so blessed, that's what I love most about Thanksgiving it gives us a day to really reflect on our blessings. I love that we all have the blogs. It's a fun way to keep in touch. I also love reading everyones testimonies that are included. I'm glad Popeye is doing good too. He's a cute addition to our family.
It was a fun thanksgiving. Thanks for hosting it at your place. How is Matt feeling? Things are going well on my end. I just finished filling out a loan app and will be meeting with the loan officer in the next little bit. It's kind of exciting.
kim, it so good to read your blog and to hear how you are doing. it has been forever since i last saw you, before you were even married.
Hey Jen,
Yes I have your blog address. I look at it often, but Matts computer is so screwed up that I can't leave comments very often. Right now I can;t even see anything on your blog. When I type Alanna's blog address in iy just goes to blogger. com and I can;t see hers either. When we get the internet hooked up to my computer I will be able to make more comments. sorry I haven't told you that before.
Post a Comment