Sunday, October 5, 2008

New Church Calling

This past Sunday At about 10:45 Brother Stearmer called and asked if he could meet with us. I said sure what time? He said can you be here in 15 minutes? So we got there a little bit late, but he was in a meeting with the bishop so we had to wait for him anyway.
Well he had us go in the clerks office while the bishop met with someone else in his office. Matt was so worried that he was going to be released, but as soon as bro. Stearmer shut the door and sat down he said "Matt you're off the hook it isn't for you." That made him very happy.
He turned to me and extended the call to be the ward Emergency Preparedness Specialist. I'm excited for this new calling. I've been wanting to learn more about emergency preparedness, and now I have the opportunity to do so. I was sustained and set appart last week as well.
If anyone has any ideas for me let me know.

6 comments:

Powell Family said...

that's great you have this new calling. I'm excited for you. What exactly are your responsabilities and what are you going to do? Good luck!

Our Biggs Family said...

That sounds great. So, are you still going to work with the Webelos or were you released from that calling?

Anonymous said...

With the ecomony the way it is now, I'm sure you'll need to work hard to motivate people to be self-reliant. And those wo are can be a great resource for you. You'll do a great job. The sky's the limit.
MOM

Anonymous said...

Brother Jones is the Stake EP Specialist here so I can tell him to contact you. Is that OK? DAD

Matt and kim Cloward said...

Sure dad. that would be fine. Our previous ward EP specialist is now the stake EP specialist too so I have her to go to as well, but any help would be great. No Jen I was released from my calling in Cub Scouts, My job was interfearing with being able to go to Den meetings

Shoni said...

You are so lucky to be able to learn and teach people about being prepared. I know that I need to start on my food storage, you should post little ideas that you come across on your blog? Gook luck!