Monday, June 7, 2010

Excitement caused by Big Jake

Matt has two orange tabby cat's and one of them is quite the character. About a month ago we were getting ready to go camping and Matt walked into the Family Room and called for me to come in. So like an idiot I walked through the kitchen and into the family room. When I did I got the shock of a life time. There laying on the carpet all wrapped up was a little Garter Snake, and next to it was Big Jake looking quite happy with himself. I thought it was dead so I didn't worry to much about it. Then the next time I walked into the family room the snake was stretched out and begining to move. I called Matt and said the snake is alive get it out of the house right now. So Matt picked it up and took it out to the garden.
Then About a week and a half ago I was sitting at the computer with my feet up on the stepping stool under the computer desk. I moved my feet down to the floor and I felt something fall on top of my foot. I looked down and there lying on my foot was a snake. I screamed and ran down the hall. I opened the bedroom door and told Matt that Jake had brought another snake in the house and it just fell on the top of my foot. He started laughing, but came right out and took the snake back out to the garden. All the while I was threatening Jake that he would loose his happy home if he kept bringing snakes in the house.
Well I guess he has learned his lesson as far as snakes are concerned because we have not had another incident with a snake in the house, but now we have to deal with birds being brought in the house. Yesterday 6/6/2010 we were sitting in the family room talking when all at once Big Jake came through the open window with something in his mouth. Jake dropped it on the floor and it started to try to hop. Matt caught it and we saw that it was a bird. Well Matt put the bird outside and Big Jake went out through the window. The next thing we know Jake had brought the same bird in the house. Matt got the bird again and put it outside, then shut the window so the cats could not get through it. Soon both cat's wanted out so we let them out, then Matt opened the window again. Well about 7:00 p.m. we were watching NCIS and jake came through the window again with something in his mouth. This time our dog was in the house and Rose is like a mom to the cat's, so when we raise our voices at them she runs towards them and enforces their obedience. Anyway when that happened the animal Jake brought in hid, and we couldn't find it. We moved all the furniture, looked behind everything we couldn't move, and never found it. Well this morning I came out and sat on the couch to watch some T.V. and I saw Jake trying to pull something out of my hiking boot. It was the same bird he had brought in the day before. Matt took my boot and let the bird go outside then put Big Jake outside. The window is now closed and we will be checking both cat's when they come into the house so that no more critters get brought in.
Sorry there are no pictures, but I was too excited when we had the snakes in the house to grab the camera, and with the bird, we weren't sure if it was a mouse or a bird the last time. So you will just have to trust that it happened.

1 comment:

garysharon said...

Like I said you are better than I am. The first time a snake was brought into the house I would have said either the cat goes or I go. Hopefully they won't be bringing anymore critters in.
Mom