Monday, May 12, 2008

Mothers Day

Mothers day was hard for me, but it was a good day as well. I got a wooden rocking chair from Matt for Mothers Day. It is something I've been wanting for quite a while and finally got. We've been looking at DI and saw some that were nice, but not what I really wanted. Then on Sat. we went to Oak Plus and they had one on sale. I said it was nice, but we really couldn't afford it. Well Matt went later that night and got it for me. I was really surprised. I found out that my sister Jen is expecting her 5th child yesterday as well. At first I thought that she had told everyone and had neglected to tell me because she didn't want me to feel bad, but then I talked to Mom, and she told me that she only found out two weeks earlier, so I didn't feel so sad anymore.
I'm so excited for her and her family They will now have three boys and two girls. I think this year is the year of the boy. Everyone I know is having a boy. Maybe when we get pregnant we will have a boy as well.

5 comments:

Our Biggs Family said...

I didn't tell anyone, Kim. We just put it on the blog. It has been on the sidebar of our blog under Mary's picture for quite some time. I didn't tell anyone...including mom. We just thought it would be fun to put it on there and see how long it would take people to notice. We didn't not tell you...we just didn't tell anyone.

Anonymous said...

That was so nice that Matt got the rocking chair for you. You need to take a picture of it and post it on your blog so we can all see it. I pray that next Mother's Day will be a better one for you.
MOM

Anonymous said...

I used to have a hard time on Mother's Day too because it's my greatest desire to be a mom. Now I reflect on all the moms that I have in my life and the blessing of womanhood!

Matt and kim Cloward said...

Jen, I realize that now after mom talked to me, and I'm not upset with you. I hope you are not upset with me. I love you to much to be upset. It is just that so many of my friends have been afraid to tell me that they are pregnant because they don't want me to be sad, but they don't realize it would hurt me more not to know.

Powell Family said...

That's great that Matt bought you a rocking chair for Mothers Day. Heather wants one too. She wants one of the glider ones with the pads to sit on though. I think they're really comfy too.